Health Tip: Help Contain Conjunctivitis03/18/11
(HealthDay News) -- Conjunctivitis, commonly called pinkeye, is
a contagious infection affecting the membrane that covers the white
part of the eye and the inner eyelid. The eyes of someone with
conjunctivitis can appear very red and irritated.
The Nemours Foundation offers these suggestions to help prevent
the spread of pinkeye:
- Do not touch a person who has pinkeye.
- Do not touch objects (such as towels or tissues) touched by a
person with pinkeye.
- Stay away from a person with pinkeye who is coughing or
- Don't swim with a person who has pinkeye.
- Keep kids home from school or daycare when they have
- Wash hands carefully and often throughout the day.
Copyright © 2011
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.