Health Tip: Everyone Should Wear a Bike Helmet03/22/11
(HealthDay News) -- There should be no debate or argument in
your home when it comes to wearing a bicycle helmet, experts
The American Academy of Pediatrics suggests how to encourage
children to wear a helmet, avoiding a big battle:
- Make wearing a helmet a habit, starting with a child's first
- Set an example for your child. Parents should always wear a
- Explain to your child why it's so important to wear a bike
- Give your child plenty of praise, and maybe a little treat, for
wearing a helmet.
- Speak to other parents so your child's friends all wear
Copyright © 2011
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.