Health Tip: Help Prevent Toddler Falls03/31/11
(HealthDay News) -- The curious nature of young children pushes
them to explore, but they may be unsteady on their feet, increasing
the likelihood of falls.
The U.S. Home Safety Council offers these preventive
- Secure stairs with a gate at the top and bottom. Always use
gates that screw into the wall and can't be pushed over.
- Use safety straps to secure children in strollers, on high
chairs or on changing tables.
- Promptly clean up spills.
- Install child-proof guards or stops on windows.
- Pad the ground beneath an outdoor play set with a thick
covering of mulch, wood chips or other soft material.
Copyright © 2011
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.