Health Tip: Why You May Need Scar Repair04/01/11
(HealthDay News) -- If a scar becomes too unsightly or
interferes with normal movement, you may be a candidate for scar
repair surgery, sometimes called scar revision.
The ADAM Encyclopedia says conditions that may warrant scar
- A thick, abnormal scar called a keloid that looks different
from the skin in color and texture. A keloid's thick, puckered look
may resemble a tumor.
- Scar tissue that forms at an angle against the normal tension
lines of the skin.
- Scar tissue that appears very thick.
- A scar that affects movement or function.
- A scar that distorts a bodily feature.
Copyright © 2011
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.