Health Tip: Give Acne the Boot04/21/11
(HealthDay News) -- Acne and blemishes on the skin can affect
self-esteem, but there are ways to keep skin clear and acne at
The Womenshealth.gov website lists these tips to ward off
- Each morning and each night (and after sweating), wash skin
with a gentle cleanser -- avoid abrasive scrubs, scrubbing pads and
- Wash your hair regularly, particularly if you have oily
- If you do get a pimple, keep your hands off -- avoid picking
- Protect skin from sunburn with a hat, protective clothing and
- Stick to cosmetics and hair products labeled as
"non-comedogenic," "oil-free" or "non-acnegenic," as they are less
likely to cause acne.
- Avoid friction on the skin from items like backpacks or
- Take any acne medications and use any prescribed treatments as
your doctor recommends, and let your doctor know about other
medications that you take that could worsen acne.
Copyright © 2011
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.