Health Tip: Why am I Itchy?05/04/11
(HealthDay News) -- If itchy skin is irritating you, figuring
out what's making you scratch can help you find a solution.
The U.S. National Library of Medicine says common causes of
- Having an allergic reaction.
- Having dry skin, a skin rash or a skin condition such as
- Having an insect bite or sting.
- Being exposed to irritating chemicals.
- Having pinworms, scabies or head lice.
- Being pregnant.
- Having a reaction to a medication.
Copyright © 2011
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.