Health Tip: Better Sleep Can Mean Less Arthritis
(HealthDay News) -- Getting plenty of sleep each night can help
you better manage arthritis pain, the Arthritis Foundation
Here are recommendations to help you get enough rest:
- Exercise regularly at a moderate intensity, and remember to
schedule it well before bedtime.
- Don't consume caffeine or alcohol, particularly close to
- Create a consistent schedule of sleep and wake times, and stick
to it daily.
- Soak in a warm bath before bed, or listen to some soft
- Enjoy quiet time before bed, or read a relaxing book.
- Don't use sleeping pills, unless your doctor suggests
Copyright © 2011
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.