Health Tip: Protect Your Heart05/17/11
(HealthDay News) -- Coronary artery disease (CAD) occurs when
fatty deposits known as plaque build up in the heart's
Whether you've never had CAD or have been diagnosed with the
condition, the University of Maryland Medical Center offers these
- Quit smoking.
- Eat a heart-healthy diet.
- Take medications or supplements exactly as your doctor
- Get regular exercise.
- Ask your doctor how to maintain normal blood pressure, or lower
it if it's too high.
- Take a baby aspirin daily, assuming your doctor approves.
- Control health conditions such as kidney disease or
Copyright © 2011
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.