Health Tip: Traveling Despite Asthma and
(HealthDay News) -- Traveling can expose you to new triggers for
allergies and asthma, but planning ahead can help you breathe a bit
easier while you're away.
The American Academy of Allergy Asthma & Immunology offers
these travel suggestions:
- Pack your asthma and allergy meds in carry-on bags, and keep
them in their original containers.
- Continue to take your medications on schedule as directed by
- Prepare for potential problems, such as food allergies.
- Keep contact information for your allergist and an emergency
- If possible, find an allergist at your travel destination.
Copyright © 2011
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.