Health Tip: Prevent Runner's Knee06/09/11
(HealthDay News) -- Runner's knee is an umbrella term for any
condition that causes pain in the front of the knee. It's common
among skiers, bicyclists, soccer players and others whose knees are
under frequent strain.
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons suggests how to
reduce the risk of runner's knee:
- Get regular exercise to stay physically fit and avoid weight
- Gently stretch your muscles before any exercise.
- Increase the intensity or duration of your workouts gradually
-- not all at once.
- When you run, wear appropriate running shoes with a sturdy,
- Practice good form when running. Bend your knees and lean
Copyright © 2011
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.