Health Tip: Manage Your Migraines06/15/11
(HealthDay News) -- A migraine commonly causes an overwhelming,
throbbing pain on one side of the head. Other symptoms may include
nausea, vision problems, and a heightened sensitivity to sound and
While your doctor may prescribe medication to prevent or ease
migraine symptoms, the womenshealth.gov website says lifestyle
changes also may ward off these painful episodes. The site offers
- Learn what triggers your migraines, and limit these factors as
much as possible.
- Go to bed and wake up at the same time each day, regardless of
day of the week.
- Don't skip meals, and choose healthy, nutritious foods.
- Exercise regularly.
- Cut back on caffeine and alcohol.
- Do your best to manage stress.
Copyright © 2011
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.