Health Tip: Why Some Women Can't Sleep06/21/11
(HealthDay News) -- Insomnia is more common in women than in
men, the Womenshealth.gov website says of the common sleep
According to the site, here's what may trigger more sleepless
nights among women:
- Hot flashes, night sweats and other symptoms of
- Hormonal changes during pregnancy.
- Physical changes during pregnancy, including discomfort and
increased frequency of urination.
- Depression and anxiety, which tend to be more common in
- Physical conditions that tend to affect women, such as
fibromyalgia and restless leg syndrome.
Copyright © 2011
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.