Health Tip: Benefitting From Cross-Training07/14/11
(HealthDay News) -- Cross training involves many different types
of exercises, making your fitness routine more fun and
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons says benefits of a
cross-training program may include:
- Toning the entire body because of the variety of
- Better likelihood of sticking with your exercise routine.
- Better preparation of muscles for new exercises, and working
more muscle groups.
- Reduced risk of overuse injury.
- In case of injury, you may still be able to perform some of
your usual exercises, with some modifications.
Copyright © 2011
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.