Health Tip: Controlling Your Diabetes07/15/11
(HealthDay News) -- Tight diabetes control means carefully
managing your meals, exercise and medication to ensure that your
blood glucose levels are stable.
The American Diabetes Association mentions these potential
benefits of tight diabetes control:
- Lower risk of diabetic eye disease, kidney disease and nerve
- Reduced risk of any existing diabetes complications getting
- Increased energy levels and simply feeling better.
- More flexibility with meal schedules.
- Reduced risk of birth defects in offspring if you become
Copyright © 2011
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.