Health Tip: Should I Check My Blood Sugar?07/22/11
(HealthDay News) -- While anyone with diabetes is encouraged to
check their blood sugar (glucose), frequent checks are more of a
necessity for some people.
The American Diabetes Association says the following people
should check their blood glucose levels frequently:
- Anyone who uses insulin or medication to treat diabetes.
- People who are undergoing intensive insulin therapy.
- Pregnant women with diabetes.
- Anyone with difficulty regulating blood glucose.
- People who have very low blood glucose or diabetes-related
- Anyone whose blood glucose tends to drop without warning.
Copyright © 2011
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.