Health Tip: Smokeless Tobacco Isn't a Safe
(HealthDay News) -- Some people may think smokeless tobacco is a
safer alternative to cigarettes, but experts at the U.S. Centers
for Disease Control and Prevention want to nip that idea in the
The CDC mentions these health issues that can stem from
smokeless tobacco use:
- Cancer, notably oral cancer.
- Tooth decay, gum disease, receding gums and other oral health
- If you're pregnant, increased risk of complications, including
preeclampsia, low birth weight and premature birth.
- Fertility problems in men, including abnormal sperm and lower
- Addiction to nicotine and increased likelihood of becoming a
Copyright © 2011
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.