Health Tip: Don't Let Menopause Get You Down08/01/11
(HealthDay News) -- Menopause is a behavioral roller coaster for
some women, who experience a host of emotions including mood
swings, fear, depression and irritability.
The womenshealth.gov website suggests how to ease moodiness
associated with menopause:
- Make sure you get enough sleep each night, and stick to a
regular sleep and wake schedule.
- Exercise for at least 30 minutes almost every day of the
- Limit how many activities you take on.
- Find ways to help manage stress.
- Seek support from friends, a peer group or get counseling.
- Talk to your doctor about medications and therapy options to
help you manage menopause symptoms.
- Relax by reading a book, or treat yourself to some quiet
Copyright © 2011
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.