Health Tip: Dine Out the Healthy Way08/01/11
(HealthDay News) -- Decadent dishes and hefty portion sizes can
be tempting at a restaurant, but you can enjoy your meal without
derailing a healthy diet.
The American Dietetic Association suggests how to make healthy
choices when dining out:
- Opt for an entree salad or other healthy dish that includes
something from each of the main food groups.
- If choosing a sandwich, top it with fresh vegetables and
low-fat condiments or salad dressings.
- Choose healthy side dishes, such as a baked potato topped with
vegetables, a side salad, or some fruit. Skip the fries.
- Choose low-calorie dishes.
- Eat only a portion of your meal, saving the rest for
Copyright © 2011
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.