Health Tip: Skate Safely08/03/11
(HealthDay News) -- Before your kids lace up their in-line
skates, make sure they're prepared.
The American Academy of Pediatrics suggests how to reduce the
risk of injury while in-line skating:
- Make sure your child is always wearing protective
- Skate carefully, and make sure to allow plenty of room for
- Stick to the right side of the sidewalk or path, and pass on
the left side.
- Don't skate in areas where the ground is uneven or where there
- Always yield to pedestrians, and follow all traffic rules.
Copyright © 2011
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.