Health Tip: Teach Your Child That Bullying Is
(HealthDay News) -- Preventing bullying must start at home, so
parents must set a good example and discourage the practice
The American Academy of Pediatrics suggests how to discuss
bullying with your child:
- Explain that bullying is never acceptable.
- Set rules around any aggressive behavior, making sure to be
firm and consistent in enforcing them.
- Lead by example; show your child that you don't need to
threaten or embarrass others to get what you want.
- Discipline in a non-physical way, such as by taking away
- If your child has a history of bullying, work with school
faculty to develop an appropriate solution.
Copyright © 2011
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.