Health Tip: When You're Under Stress...09/13/11
(HealthDay News) -- The first task toward keeping stress under
control is recognizing the early symptoms of stress, such as muscle
tension, headache or anxiety.
The American Academy of Family Physicians says managing stress
depends on how you react to it. Recognizing that you're under
stress may be easy, compared to changing your response.
Here are the academy's suggestions:
- Don't fret about things over which you have no control, such as
- Solve little issues or conflicts first -- this may help you
tackle bigger ones.
- Think of change in a positive way.
- Discuss your stress with a trusted friend or family
- Avoid tackling too much at once.
- Exercise regularly.
- Eat a healthy diet, and get enough rest.
- Engage in activities that tend to ease your stress.
- Prepare yourself for activities that you know will lead to
Copyright © 2011
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.