Health Tip: Coping With Nasal Congestion09/22/11
(HealthDay News) -- Nasal congestion, commonly called a stuffy
nose, can affect breathing, hearing and sleep.
The U.S. National Library of Medicine suggests ways to ease
nasal congestion in adults:
- Take a decongestant or antihistamine to help alleviate
- Run a humidifier or vaporizer to make the air more humid.
- Use a saline nasal spray.
- Drink more fluids, such as chicken soup, broth or hot tea.
- Keep your head elevated when you sleep.
- Use a nasal strip that helps ease breathing by opening the
Copyright © 2011
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.