Health Tip: Managing With Chronic Pain09/27/11
(HealthDay News) -- Chronic pain can be physically and
emotionally difficult to manage, but taking an active role in your
care can help.
The Cleveland Clinic mentions these suggestions to help manage
- Learn as much as possible about your condition, and discuss
what you've learned with your doctor.
- Schedule time for exercise, rest and relaxation throughout the
- Practice deep breathing and other stress management
- Don't push yourself too hard.
- Practice positive self-talk, reminding yourself that you are
- Limit or avoid alcohol, and quit smoking.
- Participate in a support group for people living with chronic
Copyright © 2011
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.