Health Tip: Gestational Diabetes May Endanger Mother and
(HealthDay News) -- Gestational diabetes occurs when blood sugar
levels become abnormally high during pregnancy.
The Womenshealth.gov website says gestational diabetes increases
the risk of these complications:
- Having a premature delivery.
- Developing preeclampsia, which causes high blood pressure
- Requiring a Cesarean delivery.
- Having a very large baby, which can make delivery
- Development in the baby of jaundice, breathing problems or low
Copyright © 2011
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.