Health Tip: Get Relief From Bunion Pain10/04/11
(HealthDay News) -- A bunion is a foot deformity that often
occurs when someone wears tight narrow shoes with high heels. With
a bunion, the joint at the base of the big toe sticks out and
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons offers these
suggestions to help ease bunion pain:
- Make sure shoes fit properly and conform to your feet.
- Select shoes that offer a wide instep, soft soles and plenty of
room in the toes.
- Make sure heels are no higher than 2 1/4 inches.
- Don't wear tight, short and very pointy shoes.
- Make sure your shoes are roomy. Have them stretched, if
- Cover a bunion with a cushioned pad to prevent additional
Copyright © 2011
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.