Health Tip: Taking Exercise to the Extreme10/06/11
(HealthDay News) -- There's nothing wrong with practicing
healthy behaviors in moderation, and exercise is no exception. But
can overdo it.
The Nemours Foundation mentions these warning signs of being a
- Refusing to skip a workout even when tired, injured or
- Exercising out of obligation, rather than enjoyment.
- Doubling the length of a workout after missing one.
- Obsessing over weight and burning calories, along with weight
- Increasing exercise to make up for eating more.
- Prioritizing exercise above seeing friends and family, and
participating in social activities.
- Allowing intensity and frequency of exercise to affect
- Being unable to find satisfaction in physical
Copyright © 2011
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.