Health Tip: Store Medications Safely10/07/11
(HealthDay News) -- Storing medications properly can help
preserve them and help keep them from getting into the wrong
The Cleveland Clinic offers these medication-storage
- Follow storage instructions on the medication. Unless otherwise
specified, keep them in a cool, dark and dry place.
- Avoid leaving medications in your car, bathroom or near any
source of water or dampness.
- Refrigerate medications only if it says to do so on the
- Make sure all medications are stored safely out of a child's
- If using a pill organizer, make sure all medications are easily
- Keep medications in original containers with lids tightly
closed; dispose of medications that are expired or those you no
Copyright © 2011
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.