Health Tip: Help Yourself to Remember10/10/11
(HealthDay News) -- Normal changes to the brain can cause a
slight amount of memory loss as you get older.
The Harvard Medical School suggests these tips that may help
boost your memory:
- Stay organized with calendars, lists and address books.
- Absorb new information in small, digestible pieces that are
easier to remember.
- Focus on all of your senses when you learn something new.
- Use your brain by writing down new information, drawing a
picture of it or saying something out loud.
- Repeat new information, and gradually space out study
- Take a class run by a medical professional on improving your
Copyright © 2011
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.