Health Tip: Why Am I on Bed Rest?10/19/11
(HealthDay News) -- Doctors frequently order bed rest during
pregnancy to protect the mother's health and that of the developing
The Nemours Foundation says pregnant women are typically ordered
to rest in bed if they:
- Have bleeding or early contractions.
- Had complications during a prior pregnancy, or a medical
history that increases the risk of complications.
- Have high blood pressure or show certain changes in the
- Have a multiple pregnancy.
- Had a prior miscarriage, premature birth or stillbirth.
- Have a fetus that doesn't appear to be developing
Copyright © 2011
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.