Health Tip: Keep Your Teeth and Gums Healthy10/20/11
(HealthDay News) -- Your diet can play a major role in the
health of your teeth and gums.
The American Dental Association offers these dietary guidelines
to help keep your mouth healthy:
- Avoid sodas and fruit drinks sweetened with sugar.
- Limit consumption of candies, cookies, pastries and other
desserts with added sugar.
- Eat nutritious snacks that are lower in sugar.
- Brush at least twice daily and floss daily.
- Drink water often.
- Keep a food journal and review it for high-sugar foods. Compare
your diet to the food pyramid recommendations.
Copyright © 2011
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.