Health Tip: Kids Should Eat Healthy, Too10/21/11
(HealthDay News) -- Parents who give their kids healthy meals at
home aren't doing their children any favors by feeding them fatty
The American Dietetic Association offers these dietary
suggestions for kids at restaurants:
- Dine at places that offer balanced, healthy child-size meals
- Order milk for your child's drink, and fruit for dessert.
- Order dishes plain, and ask for sauces on the side.
- Choose apple slices, carrots or other healthy dishes in place
- Let your child choose between two or three healthy choices that
- Make sure your child gets plenty of calcium by adding cheese to
a sandwich, or ordering a side of yogurt.
Copyright © 2011
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.