Health Tip: Children and Bedwetting10/24/11
(HealthDay News) -- Millions of children wet the bed, especially
those who have just been potty trained. Most the time, the child
simply grows out of it.
The Nemours Foundation offers these suggestions on what to do
when a child wets the bed:
- Be supportive and positive, and assure your child that there's
nothing to be embarrassed about.
- Have your child go to the bathroom one last time right before
bed each night.
- Offer plenty of fluids during the day, but cut back at
- Avoid giving your child any beverages that contain
- Consider waking the child during the night for a bathroom
- Offer a motivational reward and plenty of praise when your
child wakes up dry.
Copyright © 2011
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.