Health Tip: Install Car Seats Correctly11/01/11
(HealthDay News) -- Car seats help protect your baby from
serious injury in the event of an accident, so it's important to
make sure they're correctly installed and used.
The Cleveland Clinic offers these suggestions:
- Always put your baby in a car seat any time you travel in the
car. Make sure the seat is properly installed and used, according
to its instruction manual.
- Before baby is born, make sure you know how to properly place,
remove and use the seat.
- Place the seat in a rear-facing position in the middle back
seat of the car. Make sure the fit is tight.
- Don't buy a used car seat, or use a seat beyond its expiration
- Never leave your baby in the car unattended.
- Contact a car seat inspector if you have any questions or
concerns about proper installation.
Copyright © 2011
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.