Health Tip: Dealing With a Picky Eater11/07/11
(HealthDay News) -- It may be difficult to ensure that a finicky
toddler is getting all necessary nutrients. Experts say parents
should be persistent in offering a variety of healthy foods.
The American Academy of Pediatrics offers these suggestions for
parents of picky eaters:
- Add nonfat dry milk to soup, or sneak grated veggies into
homemade muffins, breads or lasagna.
- Serve your child's favorite foods along with things that have
been refused before.
- Let your child help prepare meals.
- Make sure food is visually appealing with unique shapes.
- Eat a variety of healthy foods yourself to set a good example
for your child.
- Schedule regular family meals together.
Copyright © 2011
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.