Health Tip: Managing Diabetes While Under
(HealthDay News) -- Managing diabetes can be tough enough, but
the challenge is even greater when you're under stress.
The American Diabetes Association says possible impacts of
stress on diabetes management include the risks of:
- A sudden, dramatic rise in blood glucose levels.
- Strong negative emotions.
- Difficulty making decisions or thinking clearly.
- Compulsive eating or making unhealthy food choices.
- Significant strain on the heart and circulatory system.
Copyright © 2011
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.