Health Tip: Make Your Garage Safer11/14/11
(HealthDay News) -- The garage can be a prime spot for falls,
accidents and injuries. But the U.S. Home Safety Council suggests
how you can create a safer garage:
- Keep the floor and stairs clear of clutter, with good lighting
throughout the garage.
- On any shelving, store heavier items closer to the ground.
- Install child-proof safety locks on any working refrigerators
or freezers. If they don't work, remove the doors.
- Store any electrical tools or sharp tools out of the reach of
- Make sure all stairs have handrails, with bright lighting at
the top and bottom.
- Clean up grease and other spills as they occur.
- Make sure the garage door has an auto-reverse feature, and test
it to be sure it works properly.
Copyright © 2011
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.