Health Tip: Protect Your Hearing11/14/11
(HealthDay News) -- Prolonged exposure to loud noise can cause
permanent hearing loss. So if you're exposed to loud noise on the
job or at home, the American Academy of Family Physicians suggests
how you can protect your hearing:
- Wear disposable earplugs or special earmuffs when exposed to
- Use rubber mats under noisy kitchen appliances.
- Install sound-absorbing draperies, carpeting and storm
- Limit the volume on loud electronic devices.
- Don't use several noisy machines at once or use one loud noise
to drown out another.
- Get an annual hearing test.
Copyright © 2011
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.