Health Tip: Make Healthy Choices at Fast-Food
(HealthDay News) -- Rolling through the drive-through doesn't
mean your healthy diet has to take a nose-dive.
The American Diabetes Association offers these suggestions for
healthier fast-food choices:
- Stick to a regular or junior-sized meal or sandwich. Avoid
anything labeled as jumbo, super-sized, deluxe, giant or
- Stick to lean meats that have been broiled or grilled. Skip
fattening condiments in favor of veggies or a dash of mustard.
- Order a sandwich on an English muffin, instead of a biscuit or
- Stick to fresh veggies at the salad bar, avoiding heavy
dressings, croutons, cheeses and bacon bits.
- Opt for lean chicken, rather than beef.
- Stick to thin-crust veggie pizza without too many toppings or
Copyright © 2011
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.