Health Tip: Parenting a Disabled Child11/28/11
(HealthDay News) -- Parenting a disabled child can be quite a
challenge, but there are plenty of programs and services that can
The womenshealth.gov website offers these suggestions for the
parents of disabled children:
- Find out as much as possible about your child's particular
- Talk about issues and concerns with friends, family members or
parents of other disabled children.
- Every state has a range of programs and services for disabled
children and their parents. Learn which of them suits your
- Join a support group.
- Stick to a daily routine.
- Take each day one-at-a-time.
- Take good care of your own physical and emotional health.
Copyright © 2011
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.