Health Tip: Minimize Jet Lag11/29/11
(HealthDay News) -- Jet lag can leave you feeling too tired to
enjoy your new destination, but there are things you can do to help
your body prepare.
The American Academy of Family Physicians offers these
suggestions to help beat jet lag:
- Limit use of alcohol.
- Make sure you're well-rested before you depart.
- Eat healthy, balanced meals, and don't overeat.
- Exercise frequently while on your trip.
- If you need a sleep medication, use it only for a few
- Stick to local meal times and bed times.
Copyright © 2011
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.