Health Tip: Watch Your Weight This Holiday
(HealthDay News) -- The holidays may represent excess, but you
don't have to let that translate to excess weight.
The Cleveland Clinic suggests how to ward off those holiday
- Despite the busy season, don't skip exercise.
- Eat seven servings of fruits and veggies per day, both for
nutrients and to help you stay full without all of the
- Keep candy, cookies and other treats out of sight.
- Indulge in just one small treat per day.
- Make wise choices at the holiday party buffet. Politely decline
if hosts keep pushing more food.
- Make holiday gatherings more about conversation and socializing
Copyright © 2011
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.