Health Tip: Wind Down With Mind-Body Exercises12/07/11
(HealthDay News) -- Exercises that help relax your mind and body
may offer a number of physical and emotional benefits. An example
is controlled breathing exercises that can help you calm down.
The Cleveland Clinic mentions these possible benefits of
- A reduction in anxiety and better control of pain.
- Improved sleep.
- Reduced need for pain medications after surgery.
- Fewer post-surgical complications, shorter hospital stays and
- A stronger immune system.
- Improved feeling of well-being and a greater sense of
Copyright © 2011
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.