Health Tip: Protect Teeth From Decay12/14/11
(HealthDay News) -- Even baby's gums and teeth can decay,
potentially leading to future problems with permanent teeth.
The American Academy of Pediatrics suggests how to prevent tooth
decay in children:
- Brush baby's teeth and gums regularly.
- Never allow baby to take food or a bottle to bed.
- Restrict a bottle or sippy cup to mealtimes only.
- Make sure your water is fluoridated, or talk to your dentist
about fluoride supplements.
- Avoid sticky, sweet treats such as candy, cookies or fruit
Copyright © 2011
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.