Health Tip: Diabetics, Pack Smart for Holiday
(HealthDay News) -- If you're diabetic and preparing to head out
for the holidays, take care to carefully pack your medications and
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention offers these
- Pack twice as much medication and supplies as you'll need, in
case there are delays in returning home.
- Pack glucose tablets/gel and some snacks.
- Carry an emergency contact number, your doctor's name and
phone, and your insurance card.
- Bring a medical identification card that identifies you as
- Pay attention to time zones and adjust your medication schedule
- Pack an emergency glucagon kit.
- Pack insulin in an insulated bag with some ice packs.
Copyright © 2011
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.