Health Tip: Stay Healthy During Menopause01/02/12
(HealthDay News) -- As your body adjusts to the many changes of
menopause, it's important to take action and maintain good
The womenshealth.gov website suggests how to help you stay
healthy during menopause:
- Eat a balanced, nutritious diet that's low in calories.
- Get a minimum of two-and-a-half hours per week of moderate
- If you're a smoker, quit.
- Visit your gynecologist for an annual checkup and any
recommended screening tests.
- Talk to your doctor about any immunizations you may need.
Copyright © 2012
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.