Health Tip: Make Eating a Family Affair01/06/12
(HealthDay News) -- It's easier to eat healthy when everybody in
the family is practicing the same nutritional habits.
The American Academy of Family Physicians offers these
suggestions to help the whole family eat healthy:
- Cook meals at home, together as a family.
- Encourage your kids to help you plan snacks and meals.
- Stock up on healthy snacks.
- Make sure your children understand they should only eat when
they're hungry, rather than when they're bored or emotional.
- Make sure the whole family eats breakfast.
- Take turns putting down your forks and talking about your day
Copyright © 2012
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.