Health Tip: Take Care of Dry Skin01/13/12
(HealthDay News) -- Dry skin can be itchy, uncomfortable and
even painful if the skin begins to crack.
The Cleveland Clinic offers these suggestions for caring for dry
- Make sure your shower or bath water is lukewarm; never too
- Take baths or showers of no longer than 10 minutes.
- Apply a moisturizer as soon as you get out of the bath or
- Wash with a moisturizing cleanser.
- During winter months, moisturize with a heavy cream or
ointment. Use a lighter lotion during summer.
Copyright © 2012
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.