Health Tip: Avoid the Flu During Travel01/16/12
(HealthDay News) -- Plane or bus travel is a prime way to pick
up or spread the flu. But there are steps you can take to help
avoid getting others sick or getting sick yourself.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention offers these
- Get a flu shot before you travel.
- Pack a kit of hand sanitizer, soap, tissues and pain
- Don't travel if you don't feel well or suspect you might have
- Cover your mouth and nose if you cough or sneeze. Use a tissue,
rather than your hands.
- Wash your hands frequently with water and soap.
- Stay away from people who are sick. Try not to touch your
mouth, eyes or nose.
Copyright © 2012
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.