Health Tip: Create the Right Environment for
(HealthDay News) -- It's important to create the right
environment to help you fall asleep and stay asleep.
The National Sleep Foundation offers these guidelines:
- Keep your room quiet or use earplugs or a white noise
- Keep your room at the right temperature -- not too hot and on
the cooler side.
- Make sure the room is dark.
- Allow plenty of room in your bed to stretch out and get
comfortable. Choose a comfortable mattress and pillow.
- Address issues that affect your sleep, such as snoring or
television watching, with your partner.
Copyright © 2012
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.