Health Tip: Treating Jaw Pain02/14/12
(HealthDay News) -- A TMJ (temporomandibular joint) disorder can
cause serious jaw pain that can affect your ability to chew and eat
The American Dental Association mentions these potential
remedies for managing jaw pain:
- Practicing exercises to help reduce jaw stress.
- Wearing a mouth guard to prevent grinding of the teeth.
- Receiving orthodontic treatments.
- Taking medication to manage symptoms of arthritis, dislocation,
a sinus problem, or a TMJ disorder.
- Having surgery to treat a TMJ or related disorder.
Copyright © 2012
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.